Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sometimes you have to turn your back… let go!

Listening to: “Stay or Go” by Monica

Thoughts:    So this is such an amazing song! I listen to it all the time, not just when a guy pisses me off, lol. I like it because of the message it gives.

See it’s not about love quarrels, trials, and tribulation. It’s not about kicking some lame to the curb. It’s not about male bashing. Well… it is to some degree, but hey!, it’s a hot track and the underlying message is FAR greater. It’s just a person, coming to a crossroads and making a decision so that they can continue on their path.

For those of you who haven’t heard the song yet, these are the lyrics:

“This is so annoying. I’d say grow up, but I know that you won’t.

I don’t understand what’s so hard, you either wanna be with me or you don’t.

One day you love me, the next day you wanna leave.

You’re so up and down.

Well I’m about good and tired of this.

Too fly for you, to not know what you want.

So let me know, what you’re gonna do.

Stay or go, cuz I’m not wating, yes or no?

I’m about to decide fore you.

Stay or go?

Tried to give you real love, that’s when you up and run away.

But when I act like I’m done with this, that’s when you decide (you wanna stay).

I ain’t got time to waste like this, too fly to put up with your day-to-day

So let me know, what you’re gonna do.

Stay or go, cuz I’m not wating, yes or no?

I’m about to decide fore you.

Stay or go?”

So what Monica is basically saying is, “Listen I am fly. And I know I’m fly. So you can either get it together, or I’ve got to go! And if you don’t know what it is by now, I’ll go ahead and decide for you. Because I can no longer waste my time with you while you figure it out. So what it is? Stay or go?”

Does it sound a little arrogant? YEA! That’s the point. I think we sometimes don’t think that we deserve as much as we do. We don’t celebrate ourselves enough. You are special, and you should have the confidence to let anyone know, who isn’t willing to give you what you deserve that they might as well not even bother. “Yes! I am too good for that!”, is sometimes an O.K. thing to say… IF whatever that is will take you off your path. Don’t just run around the city with a “Holier than though attitude” ya’ll. But I think that when we settle, we can begin to lower ourselves so much that we actually begin to believe that what was once not good enough for us, is now too good for us. We become amazed that we even still have it, and fear losing it. We get so caught up in the idea of “this person is so wonderful, I don’t want to lose this or that bout them”. But what we forget to remind ourselves is that “I AM SO WONDERFUL, that I don’t deserve this nonsense no matter how good this person may seem to be some of the time.” HAVE CONFIDENCE! KNOW WHAT YOU WANT AND DESERVE! NO FEAR! lol…. aight now everybody get out your bra to burn… lol.

 

But, seriously, my biggest pet peeve is when my time is wasted. So I like this song because it basically says the same thing. “I know what I deserve, and I simply will not let you waste my time pretending that you’re doing to give it to me… “ Sometimes you can’t be afraid to walk away from things, no matter how good they may seem to potentially be. The greatest blessing might be right behind you. But you’d never know because you’ve got your eyes fixed on something else for fear of what you’ll lose. Have the arrogance to turn you back on something and lose the fear of it. You might be surprised at what was right behind you all along.  

No comments:

Post a Comment